If you are asking your first-time guests to do any of these things, you may be unknowingly pushing them away and causing them to not return.
1. People hate waiting in line.
Are you asking first-time guests to wait in line? How long are they having to wait in line to register? How long are they having to wait to drop off their kids at the classroom? How long are they having to wait to pick-up their kids?
- Have a separate check-in area for first-time guests.
- Monitor your drop off and pick up lines. If the line starts backing up, be prepared to open another line.
2. People hate not knowing where to go.
You know what it’s like. You’re in a big store…looking for an item…no help in site…without a clue about where to find it. It’s very frustrating. Asking people to navigate your church without any signage or personal help has the same affect on people.
- Have clear signage.
- Always walk people to their class, room, etc. instead of telling them where to go.
Click here for more.
SOURCE: Church Leaders