One of my mentors was Derek Prince. He established a national prayer ministry called Intercessors for America where I’ve served on the board for almost 40 years. He also wrote a classic book, Shaping History Through Prayer and Fasting, that unabashedly proclaims: “CHRISTIANS CAN CHANGE WORLD EVENTS.”
In the Foreword penned by my long-time friend, revivalist Lou Engle, he challenges readers to take up the mantle of intercessors to pray and fast for our nation. As voting is at hand for the citizens of our nation, I want to join my voice with them to ask you to pray specifically for the top 10 prayer points we as a ministry are putting forth regarding this extremely important election.
The Message, which gives us the New Testament in contemporary English, reminds us of the priority of praying for our government in 1 Timothy 2:1-3. “The first thing I want you to do is pray.
Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know. Pray especially for rulers and their governments to rule well so we can be quietly about our business of living simply, in humble contemplation. This is the way our Savior God wants us to live. He wants not only us but everyone saved, you know, everyone to get to know the truth we’ve learned…”
Here’s the deal: “When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice. When the wicked rule, the people groan” (Prov. 29:2). Isn’t it time to change the groaning to rejoicing in America through godly leadership established in part through our prayers?
Top 10 Prayer Points to Pray Over America’s Elections
1. Pray for more of God’s Presence to be experienced in your community and our nation (Ps. 16:11; 2 Cor. 3:17).
2. Pray for the church to see the need to repent of personal and national sins in the fear of God (2 Chron. 7:14; 1 John 1:9; Prov. 9:10).
3. Pray for believers to unite in prayer to seek God for their neighborhoods and communities (1 Tim. 2:1-2).
4. Pray for godly candidates to be elected, regardless of party affiliation (Ps. 96:10; Ps. 1:1–3).
5. Pray for administrators, legislators and judges to serve in a way that aligns with God’s Word ( Ps. 19:7–11).
Click here to read more.
SOURCE: Charisma News