The Thriving Frequency Conference is being held on October 17th and 18th, 2014 at Temple University in Philadelphia. Urban missionaries, church leaders, and church planters nationwide are attending the collaborative event by which urban leaders from global contexts gather together for encouragement, relationship building, training, and resourcing. The goal of the conference “is to foster dialogue among those who are actively engaged in local church connected and submitted urban ministry; as well as those who aspire to do so.”
The first Frequency Conference was held in 2012.
This year, the speakers include: Dr. Eric Mason, D.A. Horton, Leonce Crump II, Blake Wilson, Doug Logan, Jerome Gay Jr., Tommy Forester, Dr. Sarita Lyons, and Ronique Wilson.
The ministry stated, “This year, instead of mostly main sessions, the conference will consist primarily of breakout sessions, with main sessions as well. The breakout sessions are designed to help the urban missionary, both man and woman, to effectively engage in specific areas of urban ministry.”
Some of those breakout session include:
Leadership in the City (Titus 1)
- Leading worship in the urban context
- Developing & mobilizing young adults
- Teaching as leading
- Stewarding the resources of the church
- Building community in the urban context
- Whites serving in a minority context
Discipleship through the Church (Titus 2)
- Discipling men
- Discipling women
- Discipling youth
- Discipling college students
- Counseling in the urban context
- Discipling homosexuals
Mission to the City (Titus 3)
- The church plant
- Outreach events
- Gospel-centered service
- Exegeting the city
- How to release called people into their calling
- Church/para church: healthy partnership
- Managing being a bi-vocational pastor
Find out more about the conference at http://thrivingfrequency.com/.
Follow the hashtag #tfrequency14 on Twitter for live updates.