You Know Your Child is Going Off to College When…
- You start saving small boxes for care packages.
- He’s on a countdown to graduation.
- Credit card offers begin arriving in the mail. For him.
- You start picking up snacks for him to take to school. 3 months early.
- He prints his packing list. In March.
- His school album is finished. He can’t take it with him though. You won’t let him.
- You spend 30 minutes in the shower crying so that no one will notice.
- You don’t watch sad movies because it will only take one more to put you over the edge.
- The highlight of your day, filled with great anticipation, is watching the 2-hour finale of the Mentalist with your graduate. Ahhh, good times.
- You start pricing extra long sheets for his twin bed in the dorm.
- His dad plots how to pressure wash the crates HE took to college untold years ago and STILL has in his possession.
- You already have plans for his room to become a scrapbook room. So you have someplace to creatively place all those depressing thoughts of what it will look like when he leaves.
- You are both bursting with pride and humbled by the young man standing on that stage.
Source: Crosswalk | Marty Walden, Blogger