This simple, cheesy casserole recipe has all the flavors of traditional Chicken Parmesan without the mess of frying chicken!
For the meatballs:
1 pound lean ground chicken
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup milk
For the casserole:
1 pound campanelle pasta (any small shape is fine, such as ziti)
1 jar (about 1 1/2 pounds) marinara sauce
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the pasta. Cook for 1 minute less than package directions state.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the meatballs. Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and use your hands to mix them together well. Form into small balls, about 1 inch in diameter and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until cooked through and no longer pink. Remove from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Add the pasta sauce to a large bowl and stir in the cooked pasta and meatballs. Stir gently to coat everything in sauce.
- Spread half of the pasta and meatballs into a 9×13 baking dish. Top with half of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
Click here for more.
SOURCE: Buns In My Oven