There’s a secret epidemic in Black America. HIV is striking the black population more than others with rates reaching epidemic proportions. In fact, Black Americans are currently nearly eight times more likely than White Americans to be HIV positive.
OWN’s popular docu-series “Our America with Lisa Ling” will explore how the social and economic pressures have helped drive the spread of the disease, and introduces five courageous men and women who have decided to come out of the shadows for the very first time to help pave the way for greater acceptance of the disease.
- A single woman looking for love,
- A young gay man who fears an early death,
- A survivor who has lived his entire life with HIV,
- A woman who believes her husband has infected her,
- A former drug abuser who may have infected countless women.
“Our America with Lisa Ling – Black America’s Secret Epidemic” airs on Thursday, June 26 at 10 p.m.