Information about the event is below, according to a post on Pastor Rick Warren’s Facebook page. Click here to tune in to the live stream.
JOIN US LIVE ONLINE TONIGHT at 6 pm, Saturday, April 26 to watch a deeply moving history-making event at Saddleback
This month is the 20th Anniversary of “The NEW Rwanda.” In 1994, Rwanda lost 10% of its population in a genocide which left 1 million dead and 1 million children orphaned. But since 1994, that nation has gone through an amazing transformation. In fact, no other nation in history has seen a faster turnaround. Ten years ago, the government of Rwanda invited Saddleback to start sending our PEACE teams to “help make Rwanda the first Purpose-Driven nation AND the first national model of the PEACE plan.” We responded, sending nearly 2,000 Saddleback members to serve in Rwanda.
Tonight thousands will gather at Saddleback Lake Forest for “KWIBUKA 20” a special commemorative service. The Rwanda word for “Remember” is “Kwibuka.”
THE PURPOSE of KWIBUKA 20
1) To COMMEMORATE and HONOR the memory of those who died in the genocide.
2) To CELEBRATE the amazing success of the PEACE plan in Rwanda.
3) To HEAR the exciting plans to use the PEACE plan of Rwanda as a national model for every other nation in Africa. This is includes an All-Africa Purpose Driven Leadership Conference to be held next year in Rwanda with leaders coming from all 54 African nations!
4 pm to 6 pm – A stirring photo exhibit with Rwandan music.
6:00 pm – Doors open to Worship Center for seating (on a first come basis)
6:15 pm – Program begins:
– Rwandan college students bring in the Flame of Remembrance Torch that has traveled to all 30 districts of Rwanda and to genocide commemoration sites around the globe!
– Moving stories and scriptures by Rwandans
– A drama presentation by Rwandans: Reconciliation & Hope
– Report & video on the amazing impact of the PEACE Plan over 10 years in Rwanda from PEACE team members
– Inspiring messages from both Kay Warren and Pastor Rick
– A special guest to be interviewed by Pastor Rick