This message was preached at the Community Bible Church in High Point, NC, by Pastor Robert McKeehan on Sunday, April 6th, 2014, five days before he committed suicide on Friday, April 11. The sermon notes are below:
Everything and Nothing (Romans 8:28-39)
I. God uses everything in our lives to further his eternal plan (8:28-30).
II. Nothing can separate us from the love of God (8:31-39).
1. If life is like a tapestry, what are some of the threads in your life that you have seen God use for your good?
2. Why do you think so many believers appreciate Romans 8:28-39? What are some ways that this passage has been misunderstood or misused?
3. What does the sovereignty of God refer to? Why is this an important doctrine for believers to know?
4. What does Matthew 6:25-34 teach us about the sovereignty of God and how to live in light of that truth?
5. How can you help your small group to trust in the sovereignty and security of God when life is tough?
Click here to view more of Pastor McKeehan’s messages.