He is a professional boxer and politician who has won six world titles and is the first to win the lineal championship in four different weight classes. He was named “Fighter of the Decade” for the 2000s by the Boxing Writers Association of America. He is also a three-time BWAA “Fighter of the Year”, winning the award in 2006, 2008, and 2009. Currently, he is the WBO Welterweight Champion.
Click the play button below to listen to this broadcast.
For more Gospel Light
Aside from boxing, he has participated in acting, music recording, and politics. In May 2010, he was elected to the Philippine House of Representatives in the 15th Congress of the Philippines. Many believe that one day he will be president of the Philippines.
He says of the recent change in his life, “If I had died last year or in the last two years, I am sure I would’ve gone straight to Hell…My faith in God was there 100 percent but behind it, after prayers, I would still do evil things.” The change came about because of a dream that led him to give up gambling, alchohol and womanizing. He said, “I was in a beautiful forest when a bright light was shone upon me. A voice asked me, ‘Son why are you going away from me?’ I woke up crying. I remember I was crying in my dream and when I touched my pillow, it was wet.” After waking up, he looked through the Bible and found that God sometimes speaks to people in dreams. He said, “I told myself this dream is real and I have to change my life. The change came not just because I desired it, but because God changed me.” He goes on further to say, “Being a Christian means accepting Christ as your Savior, your God. That’s why you are called a ‘Christian.’ If you remove Christ, there’s only ‘IAN’ and that means ‘I am nothing.” His name is Manny Pacquiao (PAK-ee-ow).
This is the “Chief of Sinners,” Daniel Whyte III, president of Gospel Light Society International, and just as Manny Pacquiao gave his life to Christ, may I encourage you to do the same. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” In fact, I am the chief of sinners, so don’t think that you’re alone.
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
If you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me the following simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
Believe by faith. Share the faith. and Keep the faith! God Bless You!
Daniel Whyte III has spoken in meetings across the United States and
in twenty-three foreign countries. He is the author of sixteen books. He
is also the president of Gospel Light Society International, a
worldwide evangelistic ministry that reaches thousands with the Gospel
each week, as well as president of Torch Ministries International, a
Christian literature ministry which publishes a monthly magazine called
The Torch Leader. He is heard by thousands each week on his radio
broadcasts, The Prayer Motivator Devotional and the Prayer Motivator
Minute, as well as Gospel Light Minute X, the Gospel Light Minute, and
the Sunday Evening Evangelistic Message. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in
Theology from Bethany Divinity College, a Bachelor’s degree in Religion
from Texas Wesleyan University, and a Master’s degree in Religion from
Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary. He has been married to the former
Meriqua Althea Dixon, of Christiana, Jamaica for twenty-five years. God
has blessed their union with seven children. Find out more at www.danielwhyte3.com.