He played college football at the University of Mississippi. During his senior season at Ole Miss, he was awarded the Butkus Award and the Jack Lambert Award as the nation’s top linebacker. A year later as a member of the 49ers, he led the NFL in tackles, earned First Team All-Pro and Pro Bowl honors while being named the 2007 AP NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year. He has earned Pro Bowl and All-Pro honors in all five years he has played in the NFL. He is the only player to receive the Butkus Award for best linebacker in more than one category. He is regarded by many as the best inside linebacker in professional football.
He says of his faith, “My grandmother was a big influence on my life. Through her, I learned about having a relationship with Jesus Christ. My grandmother always told us about faith and always put us in church.” When he joined the San Francisco team five seasons ago, they were a losing team. But he never doubted that’s where God wanted him to play. He recalls the prayer he prayed just before the NFL draft, he said, “Lord, you know I don’t know where I’m going to go. I’ve done everything I could possibly do to put myself in the best situation. Wherever you bless me to go, that’s where I’m going to play the best football I can possibly play. Whatever happens on this day, it’s your will.” He goes further to say, “No matter the outcome of a game, my No.1 goal is to glorify God. I always pray, Lord, I don’t know what today’s game is going to be like, but I pray that you bless me to go out here and play for you. Be a soldier for your army, go out here and lead this team the way you want me to lead it.” His name is Patrick Willis.
This is the “Chief of Sinners,” Daniel Whyte III, president of Gospel Light Society International, and just as Patrick Willis gave his life to Christ, may I encourage you to do the same. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” In fact, I am the chief of sinners, so don’t think that you’re alone.
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
If you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me the following simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
Congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour!
Believe by faith. Share the faith. and Keep the faith! God Bless You!