He was a prominent leader in the American Civil Rights Movement, a Baptist minister, and a close friend and associate of Martin Luther King, Jr. Following King’s assassination in 1968, he took up the leadership position of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference Poor People’s Campaign and led the March on Washington, D.C. that had been planned for May 1968.
"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers." --Ephesians 4:29
"Scripture presents spiritual warfare not as the violent, bizarre end of the Christian life, but as what the Christian life is!" --Paul David Tripp
"The posture in which we pray is immaterial. God will listen whether we kneel, or stand, or sit, or walk, or work." --Author Unknown
"And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me." --Psalm 50:15
"Too many Christians are stuffing themselves with gospel blessings while millions have never had a taste." -Vance Havner
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek." --Romans 1:16
Top Posts & Pages
- Porn Star Aurora Snow says the 'Porn Business Is Not as Pleasurable as Some Think; It's Very Painful'
- James Robison Loses Daughter to Cancer
- Thomas Kinkade Had a Beautiful Family; Girlfriend Is Being Classified as a Gold-digger
- WATCH: Jack Van Impe Calls President Obama An "Enemy of the Cross"
- RNC Hires Former Real Estate Agent Amani L. Council as Director of African American Communications
- Pastor Delman Coates Should be Fired from the Mount Ennon Baptist Church for Promoting Homosexual Marriage
- Miss Black USA, Founded by Karen Arrington, Focuses on More than Just Beauty
- At Some Banks, Once Closed Accounts Can Re-Open
- Taliban Threaten Beheadings as U.S. Wrestles with Aftermath of Massacre
- 48 Hours Mystery to Investigate Joyce Meyer's Former Bodyguard Chris Coleman's Murder Case