"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers." --Ephesians 4:29
"Scripture presents spiritual warfare not as the violent, bizarre end of the Christian life, but as what the Christian life is!" --Paul David Tripp
"The posture in which we pray is immaterial. God will listen whether we kneel, or stand, or sit, or walk, or work." --Author Unknown
"And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me." --Psalm 50:15
"Too many Christians are stuffing themselves with gospel blessings while millions have never had a taste." -Vance Havner
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek." --Romans 1:16
Top Posts & Pages
- WATCH: Jack Van Impe Calls President Obama An "Enemy of the Cross"
- Porn Star Aurora Snow says the 'Porn Business Is Not as Pleasurable as Some Think; It's Very Painful'
- James Robison Loses Daughter to Cancer
- Pastor Delman Coates Should be Fired from the Mount Ennon Baptist Church for Promoting Homosexual Marriage
- Ministry Watch Has Given TBN the Lowest Grade for Ministry Transparency
- Criticism and Questions Continue regarding Andy Stanley's Position on Homosexuality
- WATCH: Dr. Tony Evans Explains How Christians Should Vote in New Book
- Wax Museum in Baltimore Focuses on African-Americans
- Mary Mary Sister Tina Campbell Is Pregnant with 5th Child
- 48 Hours Mystery to Investigate Joyce Meyer's Former Bodyguard Chris Coleman's Murder Case
Daily Archives: December 10, 2011
A U.S. government agency tasked with monitoring religious liberty worldwide is in danger of being shut down for good.
Congress created the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom, also known as USCIRF, in 1998.
And how Sojourners’ Lisa Sharon Harper navigates one side of the political spectrum.
It took Lisa Sharon Harper nearly 10 years to reconcile her faith with her political views. Then she met her first self-described evangelical Democrat in 1991.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s announcement in Geneva Tuesday night that the U.S. would be marketing gay rights as an international issue sparked both praise and criticisms from nations around the world, particularly from those in Africa.
As the Southern Baptist Convention considers changing its 166-year-old name in order to reach more people for Christ, denominational leaders have made it clear that they don’t plan on removing “Baptist” from its name.
We dare not be silent about injustices, if only we can see them as God does.
Think about the basic human emotions we get to preach on: joy, sadness, comfort, anger, and serenity. Now think about the prophets–which emotion most often characterizes them?
Sometime this Christmas season, you are sure to hear those rousing words of Handel’s Messiah, taken from Revelation 11:15: “The kingdom of this world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ” (ESV).
A slew of Palestinian officials reacted with dismay Saturday to Republican presidential hopeful Newt Gingrich’s statement that the Palestinians are an “invented” people.